Stepping out of denial and into your reality can be jarring! I have no idea how I have survived this long as I grew up way too quickly and recklessly. I thought I would be dead by 30, but I’m still here! I am destined and designed to be a part of something bigger than myself. I cherish every breath and moment even when I forget to show it and I know, now more than ever, that the “what” is more important than the “why.”
I share these seven reminders daily with myself and now with you:
- You are not going to live forever. Health levels the playing field like nothing else and although you can’t control you can contribute-Your choices matter, for the day and the future days they effect.
- You are worthy! No snide comment, rejection, beliefs embedded or adopted trump that fact. Remember that you are
beautifuland brave and deserve love like a haze of moonbeams shadowing your face. That love comes from a deep deep space.
- Success is measured in many ways – paper isn’t everything and chasing wallets instead of dreams make for a life of longing and eventually spiritual emptiness.
- Detaching from social norms is difficult so don’t beat yourself up about others not understanding or supporting your inner guts- it’s not their story.
- Awareness is a double edge sword and there is no way to work yourself back to the womb. Honor your knowledge, and be grateful for your experience as it is like no other.
- Be kind to yourself- to others- to strangers-we are all going through something and on any given day horrors and atrocities are survived by people who wear a smile and carry a Starbucks.
- Own Your Shit- Sometimes you have to sit in it- disappointment is uncomfortable but through challenge comes change.