I’m really not a potato person. I make exceptions for certain types of potatoes, but in general I don’t usually order them when I’m out or make them at home.
But when my husband David came up with his version of Parmesan potatoes, I instantly became a fan. They are so good that I even reheat these the next day, add a little extra Smart Balance butter and make myself a salad, and voila – dinner.
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat the
ovento 425 degrees.
- Keep a 9×13 Pyrex dish ready.
- Cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Use the Pyrex dish to melt about half a stick of butter in the microwave (you may need entire an entire stick – just enough to coat the bottom of the dish).
- Cover the butter with Parmesan cheese and press the potatoes flesh side down into the cheese.
- Bake the potatoes for about 40 minutes, or until they are soft. Don’t cover!
- Keep an eye on them so that the Parmesan cheese doesn’t burn.
- Drizzle olive oil, add Kosher salt and a little pepper.
- The Parmesan cheese will become crispy, and you can sprinkle the extra crumbs on top of the potato when you serve.