Sometimes you just have to indulge in the “good stuff”.
I made this dessert as a breakfast treat some years ago, and just came across it while looking for something else.
Just thinking about the yumminess brought back memories of the kids sitting around, enjoying this special treat and loving it.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup regular flour
- 1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- A pinch of salt
It would be great to keep some fresh fruit handy, perhaps a combination of fresh blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. You could also slice up some bananas.
That’s it! Easy-peasy.
- Preheat the
ovento 475 degrees.
- Mix the flour, milk, eggs and salt in a bowl to make a smooth batter. You could add a teaspoon of vanilla here too.
- Put 2 tbsp of butter in a sauté pan and place the pan in the
oven. Keep an eye on the butter because it will melt quickly and you don’t want it to burn.
- Remove the pan from the
ovenand pour the batter into the hot pan.
- Return to the
ovenfor approximately 12 minutes, or until it is puffy and golden brown.
- Slide this puffy treat onto a pretty plate, add the berries and bananas on top, drizzle with some maple syrup and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Aunt Sharon’s tip: I’ve also served this with Cool Whip Lite (LOL!) on the side for a little more indulgence.